Finals are over, time to get excited!

Week 10 is officially over and I am ready for Cape Town!

This past week (as well as the week before) has been extremely busy and fairly overwhelming, as Im sure others can agree with. Finishing papers, as well as preparing my internship clients for my departure, has been quite the process; however, it is finally time to pack and prepare for South Africa!! I am so excited and cannot believe that I will be on the other side of the world in a few days! Is this really happening already?!?!

Traveling to South Africa has been a dream of mine since high school and to have this one in a life time opportunity to not only visit South Africa, but to also work with social workers at the Department and Social Development is more than a dream come true! Along with this experience, I am also looking forward to camping, visiting Robben Island, experiencing a true African safari, and interacting with South African penguins in their natural habitat! I am also looking forward to getting to know and spend more time with other DU graduate students, with whom I have already gotten to know a little! I expect this adventure to be inspiring, challenging at times, eye-opening and overall life changing; I cannot wait!

I will post on my blog one more time before I leave for Cape Town (tomorrow morning) and will post at least 3 times while in South Africa. But for now, I need to get back to packing and preparing!

See you soon South Africa,

Shelby 🙂