Mixed Emotions

Wow, this past week has been a whirlwind. From finishing up finals to packing, this week has been extremely stressful. Unfortunately, I had to do all of this at once as yesterday I flew to LA to get a chance to see my partner before I leave, and am flying to Cape Town from here. This morning I woke up and said, “ wow, I am going to Africa on Sunday!” It has finally hit me that this trip is actually happening. For so long I have been talking about it, but it always seemed to be something of the future. Now it is actually really beginning to sink in.
I am feeling mixed emotions. First off, I am still decompressing from a very stressful week at school. Secondly, I am very excited to be heading off for travels, as it is one of my deepest passions. However, I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about traveling with a group. I have done many travels on my own or with my partner, but have not traveled in a group in many years. I know that it is going to be a challenge for me to not necessarily have as much freedom as I am used to having. However, I am very aware of the amazing opportunities that this trip is providing and cannot wait to see what is in store. I think for all of us being in a small, intimate, group is going to be a transformative experience in learning about ourselves, our reactions to others and are abilities to set respectful boundaries. On this note, I am a little sad that I have only had one opportunity to meet the group before our adventures together, however I am excited to get to know everyone while we are there. Until then, sititng here gathering my emotions and prepapring for our  long jounry in a few days.

One thought on “Mixed Emotions

1. Karen Bensen

Thanks Emma! We are excited to have you as part of the group! Your name doesn’t show up on your post. Can you check your settings so that it does in your future postings?